Spice up your home this Autumn and be on trend in 2015!
As autumn approaches, it is a great time to move inside and re-decorate! Whilst the summer months in New Zealand and Australia have provided some wonderful opportunities to get outside, it is hard not to dream of snuggling up in preparation for the winter months!
Some quick and effective ways to inject spice and warmth into your room is to add an accent rug – cowhide rugs are particularly on-trend at the moment and come in an array of colours to match your interior design aesthetic.
Why not add some accent cushions in ‘dusty pink’ or ‘teal’ to really bring warmth to the room. Alternatively, if you wish to achieve a more industrial vibe, then black and white is still on-trend and looks fantastic contrasted against white walls, exposed floorboards or concrete flooring.
If you feel in the mood for a more significant change, add a pendant light to create a sense of ambience. Light fittings have had a real resurgence over the last few years, which have brought numerous options to the market. Make it a brass pendant light and you will be really creating warmth and style in your space.
Finally, as you prepare a delicious autumn treat (why not try this!) you can present it on some stunning home made ceramic plates which is sure to make the food taste better!
1. Spotted cushion / 2. Teal Cushion / 3. Brass pendant / 4. Geometrical print / 5. Cow hide rug / 6. Leather La-Z-Boy couch / 7. Cushions / 8. La-Z-Boy chair / 9. La-Z-Boy table / 10. Black & white print / 11. Ceramic plates
So in order to be cosy yet stylish this autumn:
- Introduce a cowhide rug to your living room floor
- Add splashes of colour with teal or dusty pink accent pillows
- Add pendant lights, especially gold or brass (which will bring warmth to any situation!)
- Indulge your guests with yummy treats on handmade ceramic plates